Welcome to the Camp Adonai camper information page.
Here you will find the scheduled times for this years’ camp, the cost for your particular week, the rules of the camp (yes, there are rules), where to find Camp Adonai and where to get your registration form.
Ensure your spot in this years’ camp by registering early. Spread the word by using the social networking available on this site. This years camp schedule falls into the month of August just like last year.
Camp Adonai consists of two separate weeks of camp; a junior week and a senior week…
Week One – Junior Camp
Who: Young persons aged 9 to 12 years old, born in the years 2007 to 2010.
When: Sunday August 11th to Friday August 16th, 2019
Where: Camp Opemikon on Christie Lake
Cost: $210 per camper ($40 late will be applied after May 31st)
Week Two – Senior Camp
Who: Young persons aged 13 to 15 years old, born in the years 2004 to 2006.
When: Saturday August 17th to Saturday August 24th, 2019
Where: Camp Opemikon on Christie Lake
Cost: $275 per camper ($40 late will be applied after May 31st)
Camp Adonai Refund Policy
- 100% refund provided notification is given prior to June 15th 2019
- 50% refund provided notification is given prior to July 15th, 2019
No refund will be given after July 15th, 2019.
In the case where a camper can not attend for medical reasons, medical evidence may be required and refund will be determined by the Camp Adonai Board.
Camp Daily Activities
Your week of camp consists of praise and worship chapel, a wide variety of games, evening campfires, daily swimming (weather permitting), canoeing and nature hikes. Music is also part of camp and not just around the camp fire. A variety night may be hosted which could include impromptu comedy, solo acts and musical groups – all in fun.
Hungry! Three nutritious meals are served every day prepared by our volunteer staff of experienced cooks. In addition, you can satisfy other food cravings by imparting your hard earned coin at the camp tuck-shop where soft drinks, chocolate bars, potato chips, etc., are available.
Campers sleep in either rooms or cabins of four to six. Each cabin is assigned a counsellor to oversee and act as a role model to the campers. Sleeping quarters are kept clean daily by the campers before breakfast.
All activities at camp are supervised. Qualified lifeguards supervise all water activities and medical staff are on the grounds at all times.
Each year a cause in supporting unprivileged children are undertaken by the campers through the Free-a-Family program of the CRWRC.
Typical Day at camp – Junior Week
6:30 ish – – Polar swim – for the stout of heart
- 7:15 am – rise and shine – cabin and camp cleanup
- 8:00 am – breakfast, chapel, cabin session, workshops
- 12:00pm – lunch, hikes/canoes/games, tuck-shop, free time
- 5:00 pm – supper, all camp activity
- 8:30 pm – campfire, snack, prepare for bed
Where is Camp Adonai?
Camp Adonai is held at the facilities of Camp Opemikon which is owned by Scouts Canada and is located on Christie Lake near Perth Ontario. We THANK Scouts Canada for providing their facilities to us.
- travel to Perth,
- proceed south on Hwy 7 to Glen Tay Rd.,
- turn on the Glen Tay Road,
- proceed through the hamlet of Glen Tay.
- at the “T” intersection, turn right onto County Road 6,
- proceed to Hanna’s Side Road (18 km)
- turn right onto Hanna’s Side Road,
Camp Opemikon will be on the right hand side (1 km).
How to get to Camp Opemikon
Camp Drop off and Pickup Policy
Parents are responsible for bringing and picking up your child(ren) to/from Camp Adonai.
Campers should plan to arrive at Camp between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM on the first day of camp,
Campers should plan to depart Camp between 11:00 AM and 12:00 NOON on the last day of camp.
Items that can and can’t be brought to camp – Please review.
When packing your stuff for camp, please be advised as to what is allowed and what is not.
The following is a list of necessary items to pack for camp:
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blankets and a pillow
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap and towel
- Bathing suit and towel
- Insect repellent
- Clothes for hot weather including shorts and T-shirts
- Clothes for wet weather
- Clothes for play including one dark T-shirt and one light T-shirt
- Clothes for cool weather and evenings including a sweatshirt and jacket
- Tuck-shop money
- Bible, notebook, pencil or pen.
Note: Label all clothing, preferably on the tag.
The following is a list of items that should not be packed for camp:
- Electrical devices ( ie: hair dryers, curling irons, shavers, stereos, etc.)
- Electronic devices ( ie: IPODS, IPADS, gaming devices, music devices, etc.)
- Cell phones
- Camping axes, knives, saws, etc.
- having shaving cream, water balloons, water guns, etc.
- Cigarettes, alcohol
- Energy or caffeine drinks
Note: All of the above items will be confiscated.
Camp Registration for 2019
Registering for camp 2019 is now ongoing. Go to the registration page for Campers and download the PDF form. Make sure all applicable fields are filled in. Send completed and signed form along with a cheque or money order and mail them to:
791 Ferguslea Rd., R.R. #4,
Renfrew, ON, K7V 3Z7
Alternatively, e-transfers are possible. To use the e-transfer method, you must still email your completed registration form as before to Ed in addition to sending payment using the — email@example.com — email address. You must do these two things at the same time to ensure no mix up occurs for proper registration. Please contact Ed to arrange a password for safe transfer of your e-transfer.